Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Summer Blogging

For this activity I have to compare the breakfast normally eaten in another country to the breakfast I eat in New Zealand.

The country I am going to compare my breakfast with theirs is Germany. The foods that people eat in Germany are things like cheese platters, beans with toast and eggs, and mezze platters which is meat. Their food is quite different from mine because I eat cereal (Weet-bix) or toast and a cup of milo. I think that the bean with toast and eggs will be quite yum from breakfast, but the other two to me are what I might eat for dinner.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel,

    I can see that you and I think quite similarly as I also tend to eat cheese and meat for lunch or dinner rather than for breakfast. I, too, am a cereal fan for breakfast but instead of Milo I usually have a cup of tea. I absolutely love my tea! I can't start my day without it:)

    I wonder if people in Germany drink tea. I'll have to ask my friend, Katharina, what she does. She just finished her PhD here in Auckland moved home to Germany with her husband and their son, Jakob. I know that she used to drink tea when she was here but I think that she was doing that because it's a common thing to do here. I don't think that it's a common in Europe.

    I'll send her an email tonight and see what she says and get back to you!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel
    It would be really interesting to know what people in Germany eat for breakfast!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniel,

    I have to apologise for taking so long to get back to you with this information but my friend just emailed me back today. She said that she drinks an espresso and has a piece of German bakery bread with butter and cheese. Sometimes she also slices some cold meat (like salami) to eat with it.

    It sounds quite delicious to me!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete