Pages

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Camp Recount

As the rain pelted my face, I started to climb up the ladder. When I was halfway up, it became much trickier. It was pretty early in the morning so I was tired and the high ropes course was very wet and slippery.


When I finally reached the beam at the top, I stopped for a bit. Then I walked across the beam that lay horizontally. When I got to the other end, I gave the beam on the other side a big bear hug. When Mrs Anderson took a photo, I tried to put on a brave face and I tried to smile, but I was actually really frightened. I was clenching the rope that held me so tight that my hand started to hurt. When I felt like I had the courage to look underneath me, I glanced down. Everyone looked much tinier than what they normally are.

After a bit, I decided to come down. I was lowered down slowly. When I finally touched the grass I took off my harness and helmet. As I did that, I thought about the high ropes. I thought it would be scary but it was actually really fun.


This is my camp recount that I wrote about the high ropes. I wrote about a experience that took only five minutes. High ropes was very scary but once you got over your fear, it became really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment