Pages

Thursday 14 December 2017

NEXT Foundation Visit


Yesterday, the NEXT Foundation came into Panmure Bridge school. They were here to launch the Summer Learning Journey. Some other people also came: Mr Burt (Principal of Pt England School), Rachel Williams (The creator of the Summer and Winter Learning Journeys). Some of the people from the NEXT Foundation including Bill Kermode (The CEO of the NEXT foundation) also came. Some of the students from Panmure Bridge (including myself) spoke on stage about the Summer Learning Journey. They came to showcase a video that they created for the launch of the Summer Learning Journey and I was the main character in it. It was really fun shooting the movie (which we filmed at my house and at school). I really enjoyed being part of it. After assembly, the NEXT foundation provided lunch for everyone in our school. It was delicious.

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Daniel!

    It's awesome that you're interested in joining the Summer Learning Journey. I hope you'll check out the activities and blog with us :)

    Just follow this link to register and check out the activities: https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/welcome

    I look forward to reading your blog! Have a great holiday!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel,

    I am so glad that you enjoyed being part of the video; you did a great job! You're right about the lunch; it was delicious.

    I had a great time at the assembly, and look forward to reading your posts for the Summer Learning Journey this year.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Daniel,

    My name is Georgia and I am the Cluster Manager for the Kaikohekohe area.

    I've watched the video and I was so impressed! You spoke so well and promoted our programme amazingly. You should be very proud.

    I hope you enjoy completing the 2017/2018 programme this summer and I look forward to seeing your awesome blogposts.

    Nga mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel!

    I hope that you're having a good summer so far :) I'm really looking forward to blogging with you again when you are able to join the Summer Learning Journey programme.

    See you online soon, I hope!

    (Please wish your entire family a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year from me).

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete