Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

Cross Country

Cross Country
Yesterday the students that came 1, 2 and 3 in the school cross country went to Bailey road school for the inter school cross country. When we got to Bailey road school we sat on some benches while we waited for our turn to run. The year 3 and 4 had to do one lap, the year 5 and 6 had to do two laps and the year 7 and 8 had to do 3 laps. First up were the year 3 girls (the girls were always first) and then the year 3 boys. I was very proud of my little brother because he came third. After the year 3s ran the year 4s were next. After the year 4s finished running we had morning tea.I didn't eat anything for morning tea because I didn't want to get a stitch while I was running. It was very boring while I waited for morning tea to finish. After morning tea it was the year 5s turn to run. The year 5 girls ran first. When the year 5 girls finished running the year 5 boys got ready to run. I am a year 5, so I got ready to run. I was very nervous. When a woman said "go" we started running. The other boys were really fast so I was left behind a bit. I ran and I managed to overtake many of the other year 5 boys. I finished the first lap easily but as I started the second lap I started puffing a bit. As I got closer to the finish line I tried to overtake the boy that was in front of me. I sped up and went in front of the boy but then he sped up and went speeding past me. In the end I came third. Even through I didn't come first I was still proud of my results. At the prize giving I got a certificate. I was really proud that I achieved something. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done for giving it your all.Love to see the determination and focus you applied. From mum.

    ReplyDelete