Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey W1 D1 A2

For this summer learning journey activity, the task was to:

Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country. If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…

Dear Johnny,
The voyage to this new land was hard. Most of our food had expired before we were even halfway here so most of us are hungry. The journey was also cold, with many storms that soaked us from head to toe. Hopefully we will be able to find some food in this new country. Goodbye for now.



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Daniel,
    Me again! :0)
    I liked how you shared the aspects of your journey such as the fact that you were hungry, that you all got soaked by the storms and how hard it was. I can see that you are describing the journey but you didn't really shared anything about how all that make you feel, except for being hungry. Could you elaborate a bit more in your feelings? Did you felt tired, sad, adventurous?
    In order for you o gain full points for this activity I will need you to write a little bit more, could you do that an let me know?
    Furthermore consider to sign your letter, for example you could finish like this
    "Kind wishes,
    Daniel"

    Dig in and keep blogging you are doing a great job!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia
      Thanks a lot for the helpful comments! Unfortunately, my blog has been archived because I am a year 9 this year and I will no longer be with Panmure Bridge school. So I am unable to edit my posts or publish more activities on my blog. I'll just write the letter here then:

      Dear Johnny,
      The voyage to this new land was hard. Most of our food had expired before we were even halfway here so most of us are hungry. The journey was also cold, with many storms that soaked us from head to toe. We are all scared and exhausted and each night we pray that we will survive the next day. Hopefully we will be able to find some food in this new country. Goodbye for now.

      Kind wishes,
      Daniel

      Delete